In this generation it is tough to find something that can monitor everything you do. The past few years have been very important to me as I lost around 70kg by training hard and adopting a balanced diet. After my weight loss success I became a fitness addict. I started training for marathons, social races and most importantly for myself, therefore I needed something to measure my heart rate, number of calories burnt and training time.
I am currently focusing on doing different marathon races this year and next year, so I needed something to track my running sessions. I was introduced to the Polar M400 which is lightweight and slick, plus it has an integrated GPS to track speed and distance.
When I first got the watch, I thought it was going to be difficult to use. However, as soon as I tried it I found it rather straightforward and the instructions easy to follow. I downloaded the Polar Flow App and proceeded to sync the product. The process does take a bit of time so you have to be patient, but it gives you accurate results. When you begin your exercise you can choose the method of training you are doing and you can monitor your heart rate accurately with the H7 heart rate sensor and chest strap. You can also connect the watch to your iPhone through Bluetooth. Again, it takes time but it’s worth the wait as you get the results you want to see.
After losing a tremendous amount of weight I get very picky with the calories I burn per day, so the most important features for me are the number of calories burnt during my workout and the number of steps. The app also helps you to review your daily or monthly workout which is extremely helpful for tracking my various activities and reviewing run sessions.
In summary, this wearable technology is very light, easy to use and has great features! I would definitely recommend the Polar M400 to all athletes that like to run and/or cycle – it is the perfect watch for these sports and is very accurate, especially when paired with the heart rate sensor. I would also recommend it to people who want to track their daily activity levels with a funky, lifestyle watch. Trust me, you will not regret it!
• Advanced GPS: The M400’s built-in GPS keeps track of your pace, distance and altitude. With the “Back to start” feature you can safely explore new routes.
• Activity Tracking: The M400 tracks your steps, activity, sleep and calories 24/7, encouraging you to stay active every day.
• Heart Rate Training: One of the most effective training methods. Take advantage of it by using a Polar H7 heart rate sensor.
• Running Cadence from the Wrist: Keep an eye on your running cadence to improve your running efficiency and avoid injuries.
• Polar Flow: Plan, sync and share your training using the exclusive Polar Flow online service and mobile application. All data is easily viewable.
• Smart Notifications: See notifications from your phone directly on the screen of your M400.
• Individual Targets: Set your own individual training targets and follow your progress towards them using Polar Flow.
The Polar M400 – GPS running and cycling watch in blue – is available at Adventure HQ and Jumbo Electronics for 1,100 AED, with heart rate sensor.
Words by: Essa Al Ansari