Cycling through the mountains, with the Sun starting to rise, you begin to feel that sense of freedom. What an incredible time of day, the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of city life, to be right in the middle of nature. No distractions, just the pure beauty of the landscape. It’s at these moments that you begin to feel at one with nature, the ultimate giver of life!
Mother Nature, in all her beauty can be incredible. To provide delicious ingredients with an array of nutrients from her soil, not only for humans but for all her creations. People take it for granted that you can walk into any supermarket and there is an array of products from all around the world, which are always in picture perfect condition. But are we mindful that these products have been treated? Where did they come from? What has been done to them? How far have they travelled to get to us?
It is so easy. Walk into a store, pick up what you need, pay and leave. But by giving a small consideration to the ingredients, you, as a single consumer, can help change the way people purchase. Ask the questions:
At The Cycle Bistro, we know where our products are from and how they were produced. Our products are Organic where possible and we try to live by the ideology of “farm to table”. Being in Dubai, it is difficult to source local ingredients, but by finding the right suppliers and distributors, we have found what we believe to be some of the best ingredients on the market.
So come and try our delicious, healthy and eco-friendly menu! ■
For 4 People
Total time: 25min
Prep time: 5min
Cook time: 15min
• 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• ½ cup onion, diced
• A pinch of crushed red pepper, to taste
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 cups sweet potatoes, diced
• 2 cups fresh shrimp
• 3 cups trimmed and coarsely chopped kale leaves
• Salt and ground black pepper
1. In a cast iron skillet, add the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add onions and crushed red pepper.
3. Cook until onions are soft and golden.
4. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
5. Add sweet potato and cook until soft.
In case you need, add a few table spoons of water or 1/4 cup to help steam the sweet potato.
6. Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they turn pink.
7. Turn the heat to low and add kale, stirring until wilted.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Located at The Cycle Hub, Dubai Motor City
Call: 04 425 3000
The Cycle Bistro
Latitude: N 25° 02.792
Longitude: E 055° 14.384