DXB Paddling will hold its first event on Saturday, 5th of March 2016.
This event wants to promote all paddling activities and gather the whole UAE water sport community. Stand-Up Paddle (SUP) is the fast growing water sport at the moment followed by a large interest in kayaking and surfski.The aim of this event is also to demonstrate to everybody from any age, that paddling is a very simple thing to do and that anyone can do it.
For its first event, DXB Paddling will offer an amazing venue to its participants with a 14km paddle around the Palm Jumeirah thanks to the support of Nakheel.
DXB Paddling, in association with the Dubai International Boat Show, plans to become the biggest paddling race like the annual Nautic SUP crossing at the Paris Boat Show which gathers hundreds of paddler’s across Europe.
It will take place the last day of the Dubai International Boat Show.
Location is Palm Jumeirah, an open beach space with FREE parking, beside the Fairmont Hotel.
As soon as the race is over, free shuttle buses will be provided for all participants to be taken directly to the Dubai International Boat show for the Award ceremony and buffet.
DXB Paddling consist of following races held on Saturday 5th march 2016:
- Long distance single race – 1 participant: 14km.
- Long distance relay race – 2 participants: 2x 7km
- Sprint race for above 14 yo – 1 participant – SUP only: 1km
- Sprint race for for 8 to 13 yo – 1 participant – SUP only: 400m
- Long distance race with SUP and kayak/surfski will be launched at 8am. Single and relay races are launched together.
- Sprince race (SUP only) for 8 to 13 yo will be launch at 11:30am.
- Sprince race (SUP only) for above 14 yo will be launch at 12pm.
- Free shuttle bus to Dubai International Boat Show: from 12:30pm.
- Award ceremony and free buffet inside the Dubai International Boat Show: from 1pm.